Lambretta Engine Stands $30

Sell stuff. Buy stuff.
Mikeh

Lambretta Engine Stands $30

Postby Mikeh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

Ok,
So I am gonna make some engine stands in the garage this week.

They will be somewhat like this one (with a better mounting at the bench that allows 4 positions at 90 degree marks with a bolt to hold it in position.);
I'm planning to make three (One for porter, one for ronnie, and one for myself).

I probably have enough steel stock (it's the left over steel from an old gate that i demolished at a rental house). To make 7 or 8 stands. Or I can just stock pile the left over stuff for some other future unknown project.

If anyone wants one.. then i figure to make it worth my while i can make extra ones while I am at it and I'd like to get $30 each for them. And you will need to pick it up or meet me at some convenient time/place to get it.

So let me know if you want one ASAP. As I will be making these on tuesday and wednesday evenings this week.

If you don't let me know you want one then I won't make one for you.

Thanks

porter

Re: Lambretta Engine Stands $30

Postby porter » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:20 am

one small yeah! from the peanut gallery
nice job, and thanks.

starreem

Postby starreem » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Mike, I would like one. Can I collect it from you later in this year? NSP maybe?
Starr

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Yup.
I'll make one for ya and throw it in my van for when i head up to NSP.

Harley_Vespa
Location: Tallahassee, Miami, Panama, Va Beach, Dubai, Kabul, Houston, Bahrain, London

Postby Harley_Vespa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:20 am

Mike,

I would like one as well. Can I pick it up in September (week of the 18th) where I can deliver perhaps said rotor? Maybe get a beer that night as well? I'll be at the pentagon that week. ( <~~ just had to drop that to act all important...)

Take Care,

Erik

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:50 am

Sure I.. so that's 5 so far.

Anyone else?

starreem

Postby starreem » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 am

Lemme know if you want paypal or something before then?
Starr

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:48 pm

No worries Star. I'm not in it for the money. COD is fine.. or barter for beer whatever.

Tedford

Postby Tedford » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm in--is pickup at NSP too far off? Granted, that would give you time to make it without rushing. Either way, let me know if that will work for you.

*EDIT* Just noticed that Starr requested the same. Like I said, lemme know!
Ey-o, o-ey.

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:00 am

Sure..

Crap so now I have to make 7 of these bastards. I think that's the cut off. Any more than this and it won't be a fun challenge to make and will seem more like drudgery slave work. So I'm not gonna take any more orders.

I should have them done by the middle of next week. (last night was a killer learning how to make the index holes at 90 degree intervals line up for the rotational mount with my crappy harbor freight drill press). I made two using a homemade jig and then bloodied my thumb when my work spun from the jig not being clamped and I got metal tiny shavings in my fingers from not wearing gloves (symptoms of being tired and not tidy.. so it was time to stop for the night when the bloody thumb happened). Tonight is round two.. I've got a new technique in mind for indexing the holes.. I'm gonna kick some ass on them tonight.. the drill press won the battle last night.. but WILL win the war. Mike over matter.

The list of people that are getting them is;
Porter
Ronnie
Me
Starr
Susan
Erik
Tedford

If your not on the list and you REALLY need one then let me know.. otherwise plan to borrow one from one of use when you need it. I know mine will be up to being lent out - as I just need to build one motor in the next month or two.. and then honestly I don't know when I will need it again. i think Colin's gonna borrow mine in the fall. But with all these floating around that should be plenty for the scene here.

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:06 pm

The Stands will be ready after this evening.

They were more work than I thought.. but they came out pretty good.

I plan to bring Erik's to the Red Derby.. I'll throw Susan's in the car also (I think i'll drive in my cage there).

The rest will be brought to NSP.

Susan

Postby Susan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:12 pm

awesome, Mike. Thanks.

I'll bring cash.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Return to “Classifieds”