NSR - ISO computer stuff

Sell stuff. Buy stuff.
Spiny Norman

NSR - ISO computer stuff

Postby Spiny Norman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Looking for

1) an external CD/ROM drive for a laptop, and/or
2) any recent Windows operating system that I can legally install for a home PC
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

http://pocketofsilence.blogspot.com/

imjuanpablo

Re: NSR - ISO computer stuff

Postby imjuanpablo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:48 pm

I don't have anything for ya.......but you can find older/used version of windows fairly cheap on ebay.....
John F.

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:05 pm

imjuanpablo wrote:I don't have anything for ya.......but you can find older/used version of windows fairly cheap on ebay.....

Yeah, the problem is that I'm dubious of eBayers selling software. You never really know what you're getting or whether its legit. I'd rather deal with somebody I know or buy new if I have to.
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

colin

Postby colin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Modern version of Windows probably come on DVDs, so you'd want an external DVD drive. I very likely have an internal one I could dig up, but you'd need an external housing for it (in case anyone else has one of those lying around). The external cases aren't too expensive, esp. a simple USB one. Let me know if you head that route and I'll go digging...

As for "legal", that depends on their definition or a "fair use" definition :) I have a copy of Vista Home Edition (or some such), but Vista is terrible and I wouldn't recommend, but it does work if you want something more recent than XP. I have not, nor do I ever plan on paying money for Windows7, so I can't help there.
Skyyywalker

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Thanks, Colin -- I'll give you a call.

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Spiny Norman wrote:
imjuanpablo wrote:I don't have anything for ya.......but you can find older/used version of windows fairly cheap on ebay.....

Yeah, the problem is that I'm dubious of eBayers selling software. You never really know what you're getting or whether its legit. I'd rather deal with somebody I know or buy new if I have to.

Yeah, but when I bought software on ebay, you have to find the legit sellers that actually sell you the original CDs/DVDs with the packaging that has the registration numbers...........
John F.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 am

colin wrote:I have not, nor do I ever plan on paying money for Windows7, so I can't help there.

Windows 7 sucks!!! We just got it at work.

I agree with the black market/fell off the truck lawlessness of ebay electronics. I think if you dig a little - the photos are a good tip off and check out seller's history of buying and selling - you can get a pretty good sense of who is a legitimate person selling their old stuff.
~Jennifer

hurleybt

Postby hurleybt » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:27 am

Do you need XP, Vista or 7? What are the specs of the computer and who makes it? Dell, HP, etc? I probably have something. Is this for you or someone else?

I have a couple external DVD drives you could use.

-Hurley

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks man. I should be set. Colin and Andrea got me all set up.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:35 am

hurleybt wrote:Do you need XP, Vista or 7? What are the specs of the computer and who makes it? Dell, HP, etc? I probably have something. Is this for you or someone else?

I have a couple external DVD drives you could use.

-Hurley

I could use XP. I have a dual core mac at home. Can you pm me details? Do you have some software connection? I also need Autocad or Revit...doesn't need to be 2010.
~Jennifer

Return to “Classifieds”