2003 ET4 for sale

Sell stuff. Buy stuff.
topherbecker

2003 ET4 for sale

Postby topherbecker » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:48 am

This is Ryan's old scoot I bought from him in 2008. We're moving to upstate NY and cannot take it with us. $1500 is craigslist price - make me an offer. I really do not know what the market is so if I'm smoking crack on my ask, let me know.

If you want to set up a time to see/ride it, email me at becker [dot] c [at] gmail
Thanks,
Chris Becker

Pics here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 62849.html

2003 Vespa ET4, white
20,898 miles
This is a fast scooter with the upgrades. Takes off from standstill and top speed is over 60. Suffers a little on mileage, but you can still expect 45 or so mpg.
I have limited maintenance notes/records I can pass along to the new owner.
Original tool kit intact. Original keys including the one required for the anti-theft system.
Brand new Yuasa battery, OEM
Maybe 1500 miles on new tires (zippy's)

Upgrades include
Malossi top end upgraded to 190cc
Upgraded front and rear shock (bitubo front, unknown rear)
Upgraded variator, rollers, and belt (all Malossi I think)
Upgraded exhaust T-force (Pretty loud/rumbly, but not annoying)
European turn signals

Extras include
Original blue seat, mint
Vespa floor mat
Rear rack
Lock and chain
Foot pegs
Spare brake shoes
Original exhaust. Reinstall and you will get better mileage and be a bit quieter.
Shop/maintenance manual

Issues:
Left turn signal is finicky. Needs new switch.
Horn not working. Also, pretty sure it's just the switch/button
Brake light not working. I think it's just the bulb.
Gas gauge works, but reads full at the pump, then within 5 miles drops to E. The idiot light does work last time I let it get low enough, so you should not run out of gas.
Slow leak in rear tire. I was filling it every two weeks when I was riding daily. Tire leaked ever since it was installed new, so maybe can be fixed.
Dents and nicks appropriate for its age and mileage

normratscoots

Re: 2003 ET4 for sale

Postby normratscoots » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:09 pm

I love and miss this scooter -- and am terribly tempted to make you an offer to buy it back (but it wouldn't fit in my life right now so I'm telling myself I won't). I forget what the variator roller weight combo was on this, but when the optimal rollers were fresh, this would pull into the low 70s. It is a Giant Killer that performs like a GT 200 and may even have better acceleration (at least if you are a light enough rider), given the power-to-weight ratio.
Its a long walk through the city in the rain, its a long walk from train to train.

normratscoots

Re: 2003 ET4 for sale

Postby normratscoots » Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 am

Just saw this scooter heading south on 16th Street at L. Really glad its still in service.
Its a long walk through the city in the rain, its a long walk from train to train.

Return to “Classifieds”