ITS, Anyone used this lately?

Primarily for vintage scooters and scooterists, but all are welcome
cuesta

ITS, Anyone used this lately?

Postby cuesta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:35 am

My girlfriend is in the process of trying to title her bike, well it came with a title but long story short she's using ITS. I know they have a history of taking a while, but its been a few months and they're being uncommunicative at this point.

Has anyone heard any news regarding them lately?
My other ride is Michael Garrett.

seema

Re: ITS, Anyone used this lately?

Postby seema » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:05 am

Sounds exactly like Sharon's story.

colin

Postby colin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:09 am

seema wrote:Sounds exactly like Sharon's story.

Yep. At this point I wouldn't suggest anyone use ITS. Find someone that lives in VA or VT as it seems they have the best way to title old shit easy.
Skyyywalker

fredneckscoots

Postby fredneckscoots » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:19 am

VA is the way to go. You do it all online with one brief trip to DMV at the end. There are instructions for titling an abandon vehicle on the VA DMV website, which is the process you need to follow. Requires you have a VA resident. There are also other posts here on this topic.

While I have never used ITS, for me, to hell with some sketch operation that takes your cash, takes forever and has no one to speak with when you call. It's just bad business, not to mention incredibly lame and frustrating.
I break scooter parts

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:04 pm

fredneckscoots wrote:VA is the way to go. You do it all online with one brief trip to DMV at the end. There are instructions for titling an abandon vehicle on the VA DMV website, which is the process you need to follow. Requires you have a VA resident. There are also other posts here on this topic.

While I have never used ITS, for me, to hell with some sketch operation that takes your cash, takes forever and has no one to speak with when you call. It's just bad business, not to mention incredibly lame and frustrating.

Yes, VA is the way to go.....you can read two different ways to do it here:

http://scoot.net/faq/Register_a_barn_find#Virginia

I plan to get titles for a bunch of bikes this summer, mine and others via the VSA 12 Affidavit in Lieu of Title Certificate form.......not the VSA 40 Abandoned Motor Vehicles.......

I'm going to have Spiny Norman "sell" me all the bikes, writing an affidavit, and just walk into the DMV with it, and get like 10 titles.
John F.

seema

Postby seema » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:12 pm

imjuanpablo wrote:I plan to get titles for a bunch of bikes this summer, mine and others via the VSA 12 Affidavit in Lieu of Title Certificate form.......not the VSA 40 Abandoned Motor Vehicles.......

I'm going to have Spiny Norman "sell" me all the bikes, writing an affidavit, and just walk into the DMV with it, and get like 10 titles.

Could you post after you try this? I need titles for two bikes and if this works I'll use my parents and their VA address to do this.

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 pm

seema wrote:
imjuanpablo wrote:I plan to get titles for a bunch of bikes this summer, mine and others via the VSA 12 Affidavit in Lieu of Title Certificate form.......not the VSA 40 Abandoned Motor Vehicles.......

Could you post after you try this? I need titles for two bikes and if this works I'll use my parents and their VA address to do this.

Sure can, but I'm positive it will work.......I know people that did the exact same thing and worked without a problem.....walked in with no title, and walked out an hour later with a title.
John F.

jenny

Postby jenny » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:57 pm

va dmv worked for me a few years back.
gimme that step-thru, yeah, cuz i need that.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm

ITS worked for me 2 years ago but not without many phonecalls. IF you've already paid for it, then you have no choice but to resort to many phonecalls. For the money, they should be more responsive, in my opinion, but infortunately are not. Seeing how their intent is not to scam customers, I'd say they are backlogged and respond to those who scream the loudest.
~Jennifer

cuesta

Postby cuesta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:00 am

Thanks for the feedback.
Who on here is a VA resident? I gotta title my jet200 and primavera before I move to NY if it's this easy in VA. I'd like to try this out on these bikes.
My other ride is Michael Garrett.

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 am

cuesta wrote:before I move to NY

Why do you want to move to that shithole? You aren't moving. I have spoken.
byelaya smert

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:51 am

I am in the process of registering my blue VBB in Vermont. I think I can do it without living there.

I will know more in a few days once I get all the info and forms filled out i will call them to make sure it's all going to work.

The reason i am doing this is that I titled my black TX200 using ITS. it took a little OVER 3 months and they never returned any phone calls or emails and eventually a license plate and registration showed up at my door directly from the Vermont DMV... so I figure I could have just done all the work myself and saved the hastle and time.

I called vermont after I registered the TX in MD and asked them if I need to return the plate and to my surprise;
A)They answered the phone and the guy I spoke to was nice and helpful
B) he informed me that i could keep the plate and use it to register another scooter in the future if I wanted to.

I have since received renewal paperwork from vermont to renew the license plate.. and on the form it says I can transfer the plate to another vehicle and all I need to do is fill out an application for registration.

So I am going to try to follow up on this in the next few days.

I'll let you all know how it goes. As I have this Blue VBB and then I also have a P200 frame that needs a title too.

Tedford

Postby Tedford » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 am

Please do keep us posted, Mike. Between yours and Susan's ventures into this, we should be able to figure a way around the hassle that ITS has become.
Ey-o, o-ey.

seema

Postby seema » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 am

Tedford, I've got the PA "appear before a judge" thing down pat. At a total cost of ~$145 and taking approximately 12 weeks from start to finish, it's still a better deal than ITS' $250 "maybe you'll hear from us in 6 months" gig. So worst case scenario, there's always that.

Tedford

Postby Tedford » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:44 am

seema wrote:Tedford, I've got the PA "appear before a judge" thing down pat. At a total cost of ~$145 and taking approximately 12 weeks from start to finish, it's still a better deal than ITS' $250 "maybe you'll hear from us in 6 months" gig. So worst case scenario, there's always that.

I've heard that it's not bad in outlying counties, but that Philadelphia County itself is really tough to do that.
Ey-o, o-ey.

Return to “Scooter BS”