Jet 200 kits, talk to me

Primarily for vintage scooters and scooterists, but all are welcome
porter

Re: Jet 200 kits, talk to me

Postby porter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:55 pm

It has been hit and miss with my experiences with WCLW.
I have gotten the right parts in the right amount of time, once or twice.
Other times, I have had to call and follow up, sometimes unsuccessfully, sometimes it was a 3 week wait.

But, when I asked and paid for a mikuni TM28 rubber carb boot, which G told me he had in hand, I received instead a hacksawed washing machine waste hose segment. Thanks, that's the perfect part, end of ordering from there, period. WTF?

I was contemplating keep shut mouthed, but felt the need to pile on the stink.

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

dirtyhandslopez wrote:I just think there is a whole world of difference between not recommending a business, which people have every right to do, and divulging private conversations.

One more time.

It's my conversation, if I deem it to be public, it is.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

colin

Postby colin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Enough, gents. Don't be getting my topic locked.
Skyyywalker

porter

Postby porter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:51 pm

I am going to steer this back on track, Colin, its time to un hijack.

I'd consider all of the available kits, from RB to TS1 to casa and others.
Heck, there's alot out there, some new stuff along with the tried and truer stuff.

Here's a different opinion, one to ponder-
I talked to a friend in nyc who had a 175 engine, then he swapped it out for a ts1. He tells me its unrideable in the city, too boggy, it likes only mid to high end revs, and he doesn't seem to be able to get out of 3rd gear much at all. He actually longs for his previous setup. I told him I'd swap. :wink:

Maybe the thing to do when pondering kits is to look at it from the angles that matter to you most, whether it be from the wallet, from the reliability, from the dyno sheet, whatever drives your needs, do that and be happy.

seema

Postby seema » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

Heads up everyone. I just got a cease and desist from Guillermo's lawyer. It threatens a libel suit pending a "Libel Investigation" against me for "negative dissemination of [WCLW] online." This is the only place I've ever written about WCLW so I wouldn't be surprised if other people who posted in this thread get similar letters.

Obviously they are a joke - libel is "a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation" and I don't think anyone on this thread posted false statements - but the letters are from a bankruptcy lawyer and you never know how far someone will go when money is a motivating factor.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Whaaaat? I don't remember this thread. Never ordered anything from the wclw...thank god! Well now they know they got the right Seema! No pretending you aren't the one associated with wmasa.
~Jennifer

Return to “Scooter BS”