I have now seen...

Primarily for vintage scooters and scooterists, but all are welcome
Spiny Norman

I have now seen...

Postby Spiny Norman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm

two scooters in Silver Spring, a white smallframe and a Rally, neither rider had a helmet and one was wearing sandals. Weird.
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

http://pocketofsilence.blogspot.com/

fredneckscoots

Re: I have now seen...

Postby fredneckscoots » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Hippies.

This randomly showed up on the streets of Fredrick today. Maybe they are all dopplegangers? Like this guy would be Mike Heytens evil twin:

http://scoot.net/classifieds/forsale.html?id=37418
I break scooter parts

normratscoots

Postby normratscoots » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:21 pm

All that work and he can't be troubled to roll or cut-n-crimp the clutch cable.

This bike has come under our collective scrutiny before. I don't remember when though. I like.
Its a long walk through the city in the rain, its a long walk from train to train.

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:40 pm

It's not Icehouse's old Rally was it? I heard that guy was riding around with a bike helmet on.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm thinking it might be, but the orange on this one seemed darker. The smallie I think was as well because I think I know who was riding it, and that person knows Icehouse.
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:19 pm

fredneckscoots wrote:Hippies.

This randomly showed up on the streets of Fredrick today. Maybe they are all dopplegangers? Like this guy would be Mike Heytens evil twin:

http://scoot.net/classifieds/forsale.html?id=37418

That bike should be put out of my misery.
John F.

seema

Postby seema » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Knows Icehouse or was Icehouse? He has a bluebadge that I think is white...

(This reminds of me when I used to work for the Mouse and all of the character actors, when out of costume, were not allowed to say that they were their character. Instead they'd say they "knew" their character or "were friends with" their character.)

Spiny Norman wrote:The smallie I think was as well because I think I know who was riding it, and that person knows Icehouse.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:03 am

Spiny Norman wrote:two scooters in Silver Spring, a white smallframe and a Rally, neither rider had a helmet and one was wearing sandals. Weird.

You should make a citizens arrest. That rally rider has got to be the weirdo Icehouse sold it to in order to mock us. It was more of a red and what are the odds that there are two rare bikes with weirdos riding them?
~Jennifer

fredneckscoots

Postby fredneckscoots » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:51 am

what are the odds that there are two rare bikes with weirdos riding them?

wait... I thought we were the weirdos with rare bikes.
I break scooter parts

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:31 am

I gotta meet that Mt. Airy dude.. at first i thought it was Fredneck Andy.. but he doesn't seem the type to have such a frankenscooter. Who is that guy?

fredneckscoots

Postby fredneckscoots » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:01 am

Yeah, that thing aint my scene really.

Mt Airy dude showed up out of the blue yesterday. Said he used to work at Moto Strada (maybe before it was even Moto Strada). He has been in Iraq. Said he had a bunch of scoots, but this was the last one and time to sell it. He didn't mention knowing any of you, though he did say he only went to one scooter rally ever at Summit Point, and that this guy John he who shall not be named was a complete asshole.
I break scooter parts

porter

Postby porter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:14 am

who is this scooter hanson?

That scoot has some interesting 'options' on it. Not just slapped togther nor overdone, there's alot of purpose in there. The standout things to me are that he figured out the vacuum fuel pump for the carb and kit, the pk fork conversion (a total bitch to do right) and then the fitting of the disc to top of the hassle. I have tried to do bar end signals, that too is difficult to make it look and work right. I congradulate him on jumping all of these hurdles.

Sounds like a nice motor build, wasn't JL selling their pipes to SIP back in the day?
I bet that the resulting ride is quite nice. The suspension seems right and I am sure its got alot of power.
Im not trying to critique the work, I am actually admiring it. I will refrain from adding what I don't care for.

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:37 am

seema wrote:Knows Icehouse or was Icehouse? He has a bluebadge that I think is white...

(This reminds of me when I used to work for the Mouse and all of the character actors, when out of costume, were not allowed to say that they were their character. Instead they'd say they "knew" their character or "were friends with" their character.)

Spiny Norman wrote:The smallie I think was as well because I think I know who was riding it, and that person knows Icehouse.

Knows.

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 am

Oh - I should say that I "think" it was a Rally, but I only briefly saw it from the back and was going by the shape of the cowls.

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

fredneckscoots wrote:Mt Airy dude showed up out of the blue yesterday. Said he used to work at Moto Strada (maybe before it was even Moto Strada). He has been in Iraq. Said he had a bunch of scoots, but this was the last one and time to sell it. .

I think the lavender color is a strange choice for the person you describe though I guess we've established the fact that scooters bring out the weird.
~Jennifer

Return to “Scooter BS”