Riding/Kevlar Reinforced Jeans

Primarily for vintage scooters and scooterists, but all are welcome
spoffy

Riding/Kevlar Reinforced Jeans

Postby spoffy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 pm

So this past week, I received a CycleGear catalog in the mail, and decided to stop by CycleGear's brick-and-mortar shop in Laurel.

Currently, all of their Bilt Iron Workers motorcycle pants (women's included) are currently $69.99.

I've been trying different brands of women's riding jeans for a couple months now. Ended up purchasing a couple pairs of the Bilt women's jeans, in black and denim. And for the price, I'm very satisfied.

Are they as awesome as the Rev'it jeans I've tried on? Not exactly: I ended up replacing the armor in the knees with some pads from an older set of gear. And there is not a lot to chose from in the cut (all of the women's are bootcut, for example).

However I figured, for the price, I can easily afford to have these tailored (if I wanted to change the fit at all). And they're great entry level protective jeans/pants—I certainly feel better about riding in local traffic, now that there's a layer of Kevlar between myself and any potential badness.

Just throwing it out there—worth a looksee if you're in the market for some riding jeans.
mille posti

Bobo

Re: Riding/Kevlar Reinforced Jeans

Postby Bobo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks Spoffy! Hope they have guys stuff also.
Bobo

Coast2CoastX2 2006 blog: bobovespa.blogspot.com
yes I'm on Facebook

12CI

Re: Riding/Kevlar Reinforced Jeans

Postby 12CI » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 pm

interesting...that's the second unsolicited generally favourable review of a "Bilt" brand product that I've seen in an many weeks (a guy on another board bought some of their stuff for his kid).

[threadjack]
and Bobo...long time no hear!
[/threadjack]
as shameless as I am tactless and guileless

Return to “Scooter BS”