Fillmore Silver Spring

Share and discuss bands, songs, shows, playlists, and dance moves
User avatar
spoffy
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: slightly north of dc

Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby spoffy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 am

Finally reveals their inaugural lineup. Hrmm....
mille posti

User avatar
Zeets
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Kensington (for now)

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby Zeets » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Ooh ooh! Primus!
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

User avatar
Andi
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby Andi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Whoa! I wonder what the capacity is on this venue? 9:30 Club sized or bigger? This is going to seriously cut into their biz, AND it's Live Nation; who as some might strongly argue is a leader in the killing of independent music.

but but, having said that holy crap there's a brand new music venue in downtown Silly Spring and I kinda want to see the Psychadelic Furs...Blondie too but doubt could swing both...$35-40...hmmm

thanks for posting, Spoffy.
The wheels are in motion

User avatar
AirborneVespa
Posts: 4039
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: Inside your OODA Loop
Contact:

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 am

So this is some place in the suburbs, right? Where all the rich white kids live?
byelaya smert

hurleybt
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby hurleybt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 am

AirborneVespa wrote:So this is some place in the suburbs, right? Where all the rich white kids live?


Kinda, and not exactly.

User avatar
AirborneVespa
Posts: 4039
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: Inside your OODA Loop
Contact:

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Andria - site says 2000.

That's a lot of brown sandals...
byelaya smert

User avatar
Zeets
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Kensington (for now)

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby Zeets » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 pm

The whole Live Nation thing will probably preclude me from ever attending a show there... Sort of a "evil empire" vibe.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

User avatar
Susan
Posts: 2433
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: lucky thirteenth
Contact:

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby Susan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:48 am

Zeets wrote:The whole Live Nation thing will probably preclude me from ever attending a show there... Sort of a "evil empire" vibe.


Let's just say it would take a big occasion to get me there, for this very reason.

And duh, Michael, brown sandals are native to Arlington.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

User avatar
Serendipity
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby Serendipity » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:43 pm

hurleybt wrote:
AirborneVespa wrote:So this is some place in the suburbs, right? Where all the rich white kids live?


Kinda, and not exactly.


when I think of silver spring, I think hispanic, elderly and young families with not a lot of money. You can't bring a stroller to this place, so it doesn't fit in with the other development. Still, this is downtown and metro accessible, so perhaps its tempting to suburbaphobes to make the trek out there.

ahaha - all the shows start at 7 or 8pm with no opening band (unless I miss something?). Which is actually good for me :D
~Jennifer

User avatar
spoffy
Posts: 1779
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: slightly north of dc

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby spoffy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Serendipity wrote:
hurleybt wrote:
AirborneVespa wrote:So this is some place in the suburbs, right? Where all the rich white kids live?


Kinda, and not exactly.


when I think of silver spring, I think hispanic, elderly and young families with not a lot of money. You can't bring a stroller to this place, so it doesn't fit in with the other development. Still, this is downtown and metro accessible, so perhaps its tempting to suburbaphobes to make the trek out there.

ahaha - all the shows start at 7 or 8pm with no opening band (unless I miss something?). Which is actually good for me :D

Actually, now that Borders and Pier One are closing, I'd estimate 75% of the non-9-to-5'ers wandering around SS at any given time are teenagers. The remaining 25% are headed to Whole Foods.

This probably accounts for the early show hours.
mille posti

User avatar
Serendipity
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby Serendipity » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

spoffy wrote:Actually, now that Borders and Pier One are closing, I'd estimate 75% of the non-9-to-5'ers wandering around SS at any given time are teenagers. The remaining 25% are headed to Whole Foods.

This probably accounts for the early show hours.


I can't decide which group is worse - teenagers or stroller pushers. I guess since AV has already laid claim to all the teenagers, I'll take the stroller pushers - Oh yeah, they won't be wearing brown sandals, but those silly foot glove running shoes.
~Jennifer

User avatar
AirborneVespa
Posts: 4039
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: Inside your OODA Loop
Contact:

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring

Postby AirborneVespa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Serendipity wrote: but those silly foot glove running shoes.


Harbles wears those...and is proud of it.

Of course he's Navy and they wear bell bottoms. The Army banned them because they make people look stupid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/che ... _blog.html
byelaya smert


Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests