Sharon Jones Tues 2/11

Share and discuss bands, songs, shows, playlists, and dance moves
Andi

Sharon Jones Tues 2/11

Postby Andi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 am

Anyone going to see Sharon Jones this coming Tuesday? she is at the Lincoln Theater on U St. Tickets are kinda $$$, but, well, she's pretty awesome though.

http://www.thelincolndc.com/event/41719 ... ashington/
The wheels are in motion

normratscoots

Re: Sharon Jones Tues 2/11

Postby normratscoots » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am

Her song, What if We All Stopped Paying Taxes, came on the radio yesterday. Choice track.
Its a long walk through the city in the rain, its a long walk from train to train.

Andi

Postby Andi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 pm

It was an awesome show.

I would advise anyone who goes to Lincoln Theater on U St. holy crap, get there early or you will be in the back, no matter when you got your tickets. It's really lame because now even though it is a seated venue they are doing "General Audience" for all seats and no seat numbers so it is first come first serve. Fortunately for us, there was one odd seat hidden away at the end of a row, next to a friend, and then kind of a er…let's say makeshift seat…or something that I made a seat LOL…standing up most of the time anyway. otherwise we would hardly have seen the show. gonna try not to go to shows there, actually! seated venues can suck it.
The wheels are in motion

jenny

Postby jenny » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 am

yeah, i was stuck in the nosebleed section for the monday show -- i had no idea lincoln theater was a seated venue. lame. (at least the show sounded good.)
gimme that step-thru, yeah, cuz i need that.

Andi

Postby Andi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:24 am

Ack. yep, that's the way it is there now. really gonna try to avoid going there for any show!!

although my friend Christina who works for the 9:30 Club group that owns that now says that not all shows are "general audience"...some actually still do seat numbers, which would solve this problem if you get a good seat when you buy, however, there is nothing on the site to note which ones are seat numbered and which are general audience until you go to buy the tix!! so frustrating!
The wheels are in motion

Return to “Music”