Moderator: Andi

Andi

THE ROUTE!

Postby Andi » Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm

The wheels are in motion

sadsack

Re: THE ROUTE!

Postby sadsack » Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 pm

oh my, those are some long squiggly lines there!! i'm gonna ride that?

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks! People can click on "terrain" to see where the hills are - we are topping out at 1600 ft or so, which is reasonable but challenging. I guess Rocky Ridge Road will separate the women from the girls..
~Jennifer

Andi

Postby Andi » Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Everyone who's riding is on the email list, and so you got my textual directions, which I did not post here. However, just in case you are getting lost in the barrage of emails I've been sending, I want to point out to you all some questions that were asked, and their answers. This should be all squared away now!There were only a couple minor changes, but please take note:

Direction Notes
DAY 1

1. "Your directions have the route going from 29 -> 650 -> 182. The Google Maps route has a little offshoot off 650, turning left onto Notley Rd and then right onto Bonifant Rd before turning left back onto 650."
Follow my directions and stay on Rte. 650 the whole way. I don't know why google maps is doing this, I can't seem to make it change on the map but I assure you there is nothing wrong with going straight on 650 the whole way, it's been test driven. DO NOT turn on Notley or Bonifant (I mean, unless you want to but it's a pointless detour :) ), just continue straight on 650 until the left turn onto Norwood. This is so weird, there used to be a straight line here but I can't make it go back!

2. "Your directions go from 108 -> 27N. The Google Maps route goes from 108 to a left onto Brink Rd and then a right onto 27N. The Google Maps way has us turning off 108 before we hit Corner Cycle Connection."
GOOD CATCH!! I modified the google map to match my directions, which was the intended route. Musta been a dot in the wrong place. So, It's now 108---Rte 27 at which point is Damascus Rd. Make sure you go this way, the checkpoint is at that corner of 108--which is taking a photo of Corner Cycle Connection.

DAY 2
1."Your directions say to BEAR LEFT at Hedgesville town, to stay on Rte. 9 (E. Main St.), but from looking at the map and Street View, it looks like you're supposed to bear right."
ok. the spot where I'm talking about is AFTER THE TOWN OF HEDGESVILLE, you do have to bear left to stay on Rte.9 Just follow Rte 9 and you'll be OK.

2."Your directions say to BEAR LEFT to stay on Rte. 40, but again from looking at the map and Street View it seems as if you're supposed to bear right."
Yes. WHOOPS. Bear RIGHT, (not left) to stay on Beaver Creek Rd./Rte.40. Just modified the directions accordingly.

3."Near the end, Google Maps doesn't seem to think you can turn left on K street and they have you making a U-turn on Capitol at I street, and then turning right onto K street. Since you drove it I'm assuming Google Maps is confused and went with your directions."
You can definitely go straight down North Capitol and make a left on K St., at that time of day. Google is doing the detour because there are certain times of the day when you aren't supposed to make a left turn there, but at the time we are coming in, that is perfectly fine.
The wheels are in motion

Return to “Corsette”