Pistons

Need help? Want to help? Discuss technical issues and share tips.
Fooligan

Pistons

Postby Fooligan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Been having a lot of trouble finding a 3rd oversize (67.1mm) piston for my p200. Can't seem to find any in stock in the states. Have found some across the pond... any advice on brand? I have found ASSO, MecEur, and Meteor. All of these seem to appear quality. Have used ASSO before, but really don't know which to buy. I don't mind paying a bit extra for quality but don't want to just pay for a name if I can get good quality less expensively.
Shut up and ride!

colin

Re: Pistons

Postby colin » Wed May 02, 2012 12:42 am

Don't have a piston source rec., but can say I bought a full stock kit (jug/head/piston) for around $150 a few years ago from.... (either Garner, now gone or maybe ScootersWest?) and set it up all perfect with ring gaps (thanks Tony for that lesson) that thing has run like a sumbitch through three CORSAs (last one was new rings, just for the hell of it) and plenty of city driving. Might feel like a waste but if it's that much trouble to find an oversize....
Skyyywalker

Fooligan

Postby Fooligan » Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks man, I'm sorted with parts now (never got that 3rd oversize). Just gotta do the damn work.
Shut up and ride!

toigo

Postby toigo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:48 pm

I would call Motorsport Scooters, Mercato, and then Hotrod Al. He wouldn't sell them, but would probably know where to get one from.

Return to “Service Center”