VNA rebuild

Need help? Want to help? Discuss technical issues and share tips.
epsato

VNA rebuild

Postby epsato » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

I got the parts in hand and it seems that between the parts it came with and a recent parts cache that I've got most the goods needed to put it all together.

Missing will be wheels and the engine. The Stella engine's en route (hopefully in the next few weeks) and I'll be ordering the wiring harness this weekend.

The regular cables are all installed, except for the rear, front brake cables, and the choke cable.

Suddenly a few thoughts have popped into my head, more questions than anything.

1) I should install the wiring before anything else, yes?

2) Can A Stella engine be run as a pre-mix? If not, I'll have to drill a hole for the oil tank and buy a new gas/oil tank altogether...

3) The scooter came with an Indian fork, and I have a spare 10" front hub from my "tub o' parts." Is it easier to switch up an indian fork to 10" than it would be to make the engine an 8"?

4) If I switch to 10", would I need to replace my front mudguard?

tony

Re: VNA rebuild

Postby tony » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:14 pm

1. yes

2. yes

3. no. 8" it.

4. may not have to replace, but surely have to shim, cut, and bend.
2011 CORSA BIke! ct90.tumblr.com

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:22 pm

It is super easy to change the motor to 8". You likely already have an 8" rear hub, backplate, and pads.

It is much more work to change the fork and center stand to 10".
The fork would require aluminum welding stops in (if you want stops) and steel welding a tab for the lock.
The fender is always a pain in the ass with the 10" conversion.

The easiest 10" conversion is to fit a 10" hub to your 8" fork. But it's still a pain in the ass especially if you are going between indian and italian forks.

Didn't you already go over the handlebars once from a front fork/brake fiasco. Putting 10" tires under that fender could cause you to go ass over tea kettle again. If you do it make sure to test the suspension out with out the spring installed to make sure the tire can not contact the fender and cause a lock up. This will simulate a fully compressed situation.

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Enrique, I may have some extra 8" tires and rims for you. I'll check.
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

http://pocketofsilence.blogspot.com/

epsato

Postby epsato » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Looks like 8" it is.

Return to “Service Center”