P200 Routing Into Headset

Need help? Want to help? Discuss technical issues and share tips.
toigo

P200 Routing Into Headset

Postby toigo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 am

I'm putting my P200 back together and have the wiring harness in there and am starting to put the cables in and wondered if there's any recommended way of routing the wiring and cables through where they exit the frame and then also through the bottom of the headset. The wires on my old wiring harness were wearing through around here and causing problems so I wondered if there was a recommended way to setup everything before I put it all back together or just do what seems to work. I can visualize where certain cables should be like shifters, and throttle since they are on a specific side of the bike.

Wires coming out of the frame. The left side seems a little larger and the wiring harness would only fit on that side. So is there a common setup for what's on the right and what's on the left.

Bottom of the headset as viewed from the top. Is anything in particular (I'm guessing the wiring harness) supposed to go in the small section in the upper left and is there anything in particular that should go on the left or right of where the bolt goes through on the right side.

fredneckscoots

Re: P200 Routing Into Headset

Postby fredneckscoots » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 am

This is how they exit the frame. Disregard extra single black wire.

I break scooter parts

toigo

Postby toigo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 am

So in your photo. The two groups of electrical cables on the right. Those are the wires to the speedo and also to the front brake sensor switch correct?

So clockwise from 12 a clock (ignoring the SIP temp sensor wire)

Wires to speedo
Wires to front brake sensor
Throttle cable
Gear Cables
Clutch cable

Right? I have the wiring harness pulled up so there is only a single piece coming through and then it splits off into two. I'm pretty sure this is how the bike was when I pulled it apart rather than having the split inside the frame and two groups of wiring coming out.

fredneckscoots

Postby fredneckscoots » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm

So clockwise from 12 a clock (ignoring the SIP temp sensor wire)

Wires to speedo
Wires to front brake sensor
Throttle cable
Gear Cables
Clutch cable

Right?

yes. wiring harness and throttle up the right hand side. the clutch and 2 gear selector cables come up the left hand, and the speedo and front brake come up through the fork tube.
I break scooter parts

Return to “Service Center”