p200 electronicals

Need help? Want to help? Discuss technical issues and share tips.
fredneckscoots

p200 electronicals

Postby fredneckscoots » Fri May 17, 2013 11:12 am

I'm gonna keep messing with this and figure it out, but just figured I'd post here also incase anyone has thoughts. I feel like I'm just a wire or 2 from being done with it.

Ran a new wiring harness. Had no horn, then shifted some wires and now I have horn when I turn the key and it just keeps on blowing. Must be a wrong wire somewhere? Ground problem? At least the horn works.

left side turn signals are good with the headset indicator. On the right side I get one headset indicator flash then nothing and only the front right signal works. Got it to work once or twice with all 4 signals by swaping out another side cowel. I think it may be a wire problem in the cowel?

To make things interesting I've added an electronic speedo which I also have yet to get to turn on.
I break scooter parts

Zeets

Re: p200 electronicals

Postby Zeets » Fri May 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Sounds like its wired wrong.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

fredneckscoots

Postby fredneckscoots » Fri May 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Zeets wrote:Sounds like its wired wrong.

That's what your parents used to say about you as a kid. :(
I break scooter parts

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Fri May 17, 2013 2:48 pm

I'll be home on sunday if you wanna stop by with it. I am sure I could sort you out.

The cowl wiring is simple enough. Just trace the wire and make sure your connector is making contact to the turn signal.

I beleive that the horn should have power going it it, but the switch just grounds the horn so that is will sound. Or it could be the other way round.

Return to “Service Center”