Anyone ever loose a .....

Need help? Want to help? Discuss technical issues and share tips.
normratscoots

Anyone ever loose a .....

Postby normratscoots » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:28 am

Mixture screw off a P-series carb? Last Sunday, I took a sprint of a ride from Greenbelt for the better part of a mile across University Blvd. After turning off on a side road and stopping in traffic, I found the bike wouldn't idle. As dark was falling, I got the bike home, threw it in the shed and left it until Friday afternoon, when I pulled the plug, saw it looked like the engine was running a little lean and went about checking the carboration. The culprit wasn't hard to find. The mixture screw was AWOL. Swapped one from a spare carb and all was honky dory all weekend. But off all the parts that can rattle off of a P-series, this seems like an unlikely suspect to me. -- Ryan

AirborneVespa

Re: Anyone ever loose a .....

Postby AirborneVespa » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:32 am

normratscoots wrote:Mixture screw off a P-series carb?

Not off the P-series carb, but have lost them off old dirtbikes as well as the RD. Springs get worn/old and combined with the rattling they just back out.

Oft-overlooked replacement part!
byelaya smert

DC_Rob Halford

Postby DC_Rob Halford » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:44 am

Yes, combined with the airfilter screws, and mix screw made it's way into the motor, and well....... No more motor.

edit. Sorry, I was thinking idle screw
I love to go to the schoolyard and watch the children jump and scream, but they don't know I'm using blanks.

spoffy

Re: Anyone ever loose a .....

Postby spoffy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:08 pm

normratscoots wrote:Mixture screw off a P-series carb?

That bike also shook loose an air mixture screw a couple years ago. Spooked me, I always carry a spare now.

Return to “Service Center”