cylinder hone

Need help? Want to help? Discuss technical issues and share tips.
Spiny Norman

cylinder hone

Postby Spiny Norman » Mon May 21, 2007 11:49 am

Before I start running around from one place to another, does anybody know of an auto parts store in DC or Silver Spring that definitely sells cylinder hones?

Susan

Postby Susan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:03 pm

mmm, a little birdie told me that Sears might be a good place to try. But other than that he can think of no other confirmed sources.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Mon May 21, 2007 12:07 pm

Thanks. Soft seized last night. I can't believe Harbor Freight doesn's sell them.

Susan

Postby Susan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:Thanks. Soft seized last night. I can't believe Harbor Freight doesn's sell them.

I'm really surprised they don't!

On the Sears website, they only seem to have things for brake cylinders, so it might be worth calling them to see what hey have in the store?
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Mon May 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Its times like this when I wish I still lived back in Detroit. I've called three stores, and not a single person in the TOOL DEPARTMENT had any clue what a cylinder hone even is.

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Mon May 21, 2007 2:48 pm

We'll be at the Pug tonight. If I remember I'll walk over to Advance Auto on H St. and check if they have one.
byelaya smert

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Mon May 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Thanks, and good luck finding anybody that knows anything about auto parts there. BTW, I rode past your place last night on the VNB/VNA franken whatever, but it looked like nobody was home.

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:Thanks, and good luck finding anybody that knows anything about auto parts there. BTW, I rode past your place last night on the VNB/VNA franken whatever, but it looked like nobody was home.

Some tart begged me to come over and eat burgers and drink beer so no, I wasn't. At least until 11:00 or so.

All you others who see this thread and who will be at the Pug tonight try to help me remember to go over there and waste time looking for this with people who don't even know what a spark plug is.

I can GUARANTEE you if I ask at the counter they'll ask the make and model of car before they do anything else. I've got a beer on it.
byelaya smert

icehouse

Postby icehouse » Mon May 21, 2007 3:15 pm

so what year hone do you need??

I picked one up at the checker(advanced?) on Georgia. the one on the left(heading south) maybe a mile or two into DC. This was maybe 2 or 3 months ago, they even sold extra stones for it.

Not sure what year it was for but it really honed the fuckin shit out of my cylinder and then I used it to put a real nice finish on my johnson rod too..

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Mon May 21, 2007 3:34 pm

Ok....Thanks for the lead, but "what year?" Anything after the second half of the 20th century should work just fine. Ehhh, wait, are you that dude who works at Sears?

Mike, I'll be passing by the one on Georgia so don't bother with the one by the Pug.

BTW, the johnson rod thing sounds too painful for words, so watch that, ok?

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Mon May 21, 2007 3:47 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:
Mike, I'll be passing by the one on Georgia so don't bother with the one by the Pug.

Give me a ring if they don't have one and you want me to check it out anyway.
byelaya smert

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Mon May 21, 2007 3:51 pm

ok, thanks

Return to “Service Center”