NSR: FUCK YOU BOB KLAHN

A little of this, and a lot of that...
epsato

NSR: FUCK YOU BOB KLAHN

Postby epsato » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I do the Washington Post crossword puzzle every day. It's challenging but fun, and i can usually finish it in about 30 minutes or less....except when the puzzle's been written by asshole "writer" Bob Klahn.

I fucking hate Bob Klahn with a passion. I hate his overuse of bad puns, his addiction to alliteration, and the way his floosy clues have nothing to do with the answers EVER.

Anyone else here do the crosswords? If so, please, help me understand why so many of the crossword addicts online seem to kiss this guy's ass so much! His crosswords are fucking awful. They're so bad that I'm tempted to cancel my Washington Post subscription in protest.

Do I take the crosswords too seriously? Perhaps. But my only reasons for subscribing to the post (rather than just reading it online) are the comics and the crossword puzzle. But whenever a Klahn puzzle gets published (twice weekly) it sours me. The crossword is supposed to be fun, not an excuse to grab a thesaurus and spend 45 minutes googling some smarmy fat fucker's "I think I'm so smart because I can stump people with complete bullshit" clues.

In short, Bob Klahn can kiss my butt.

Spiny Norman

Re: NSR: FUCK YOU BOB KLAHN

Postby Spiny Norman » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Ha! I don't do crosswords and have never heard of him, but you have convinced me with a rather well-crafted rant. He is an ASSHOLE.
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

http://pocketofsilence.blogspot.com/

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Spiny Norman wrote:a rather well-crafted rant.

As somone who rants quite frequently, I agree.
byelaya smert

epsato

Postby epsato » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks for hearing me out. I also posted a more SFW rant on his facebook page and feel much better.

Tedford

Postby Tedford » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 pm

I've lost track of the number of times I've yelled on a crowded bus "THAT'S NOT WHAT THAT WORD MEANS!!!" at the Metro crossword. Shittiest crossword ever.
Ey-o, o-ey.

Return to “Time-Wasters”