Page 1 of 1

Tech dorks...

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm
by tony
Okay, i'm looking for a cable to see if this is doable. I found a cheap boombox that has a ipod dock on it. I don't have an ipod. I have a phone with a usb connector. Is there a cable that would go in between the phoneusb and the iphone dock connector? Only thing I can find are ones that convert ipods to usb. I want to convert the ipod dockto usb.

Re: Tech dorks...

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:12 pm
by imjuanpablo
Probably not.........since one end of the cable you're looking for has to mimic the connetor on an ipod/iphone........i.e. basically a female connector, and that has to go to a usb/mini-usb.

The only cables I've seen have the male end for the ipod/iphone and the usb......

It might be out there though........I would google search it.........using "female connector" and "usb" or "mini-usb"..........


seems like this might do the trick......shoulda googled first...


Re: Tech dorks...

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:51 pm
by tony
Thanks! I did google, but had no idea what to call it. Ipod usb cable brought back slightly less than 97 million results, with the first 96 million not what I wanted.

Re: Tech dorks...

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 pm
by hurleybt
If you want to do Bluetooth audio streaming you can get a little dongle.

It is amazing that these guys are doing this since the product has existed for years and you couldn't give them away when they were sold at Best Buy. I have something that works just like this:

And here is the Chinese bulk order site for the same thing, with a smaller form factor to boot. ... _with.html

You can get them all day on eBay I believe.