Serendipity

Re: Facebook ruins everytihng...

Postby Serendipity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Oh thank god. I FUCKING HATE FACEBOOK!
~Jennifer

tony

Postby tony » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Is this where everyone comes to complain about something that they still voluntarily use on a daily basis?
2011 CORSA BIke! ct90.tumblr.com

12CI

Postby 12CI » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm

shane wrote:The lights are still on!

why, yes, they are, but that doesn't mean anyone's at home
as shameless as I am tactless and guileless

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:28 am

tony wrote:Is this where everyone comes to complain about something that they still voluntarily use on a daily basis?

I quit the Facebook, so now I can complain without fear of retribution.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

Susan

Postby Susan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 pm

As I've maintained since the beginning: I hate the fact that it exists, and I hate even more that I feel like I have to stay engaged with it so I don't miss things that are important to me.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Andi

Postby Andi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm

I think the days of FB are numbered. I'm certainly not using it the way I used to, and I know others feel the same. I think it's still good for when you need to waste time, waiting for someone, etc etc. I'm really getting tired of a lot of useless stuff posted on a certain scooter board there, and all these supposed scooterists--on the internet only, apparently--who talk a buncha crap but you never see em IRL.

Wmasa just seems to me to be a little bit closer to IRL…I have no idea if that actually makes any sense.

However, is scootering going to stay alive and an active interest when our average combined age still keeps going up and up, and our numbers dwindling? is it just ebb and flow, or is it all just ebb from here? I don't see any 20-somethings getting interest in scooters these days…think our youngest folks are about 27-29 and there are like 3 of them LOL.
The wheels are in motion

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 pm

I don't neccessarily agree that there are less youngesters getting involved, isn't Cuesta like 19 or 20? I think there are a lot of hipsters getting involved, and since the only one we are willing to hang out with is Toigo, we aren't getting to know them very well. Part of the problem is that these damn kids are buying up bikes, at top dollar, and then not using them. It's the same thing with late 70's early 80's motorcycles. Plus they all think that hacking a bike together makes it more valuable, when in reality, they just fuck up old bikes, and ruin them for other riders, and then ask top dollar for them. (assholes)

Ebb and flow is natural though, there are a ton of folks out there, on this site included, that just don't get involved anymore due to life, or Fredneck trying to get them fired from their job. Recent rally attendance has been *ok* but we also have soooo many rallies, and planning for them all can be tough, especially with the costs eeking up on them.
Zayretow

spoffy

Postby spoffy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Yeah there are a lot of folks on FB scooter pages who post but we never see them. But there have always been hundreds of members on wmasa.org, and yet only a relative few have ever regularly posted (perhaps 20, max?).

Personally I don't care if scootering "dies" in DC, and not just because I don't own a scooter anymore: I really only ever cared about the people I met anyway, not about keeping some scene alive. If the "next generation" doesn't chose to ride their scooters, or get together to have fun, whatever. It's their loss. And I have no interest in hanging out with a bunch of vain, self-absorbed hipsters, no matter what they ride.
mille posti

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:31 pm

spoffy wrote:Personally I don't care if scootering "dies" in DC, and not just because I don't own a scooter anymore: I really only ever cared about the people I met anyway, not about keeping some scene alive. If the "next generation" doesn't chose to ride their scooters, or get together to have fun, whatever. It's their loss. And I have no interest in hanging out with a bunch of vain, self-absorbed hipsters, no matter what they ride.

Sounds like someone is taking my birthday awfully hard... Sheesh, drink some hateraid this morning?
Zayretow

spoffy

Postby spoffy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Did it come across that way? Sorry, not my intention.

Guess I'm just saying that I really enjoy (for the most part) the people I've met through riding: that's the part that's important to me.

Not going to like or dislike someone because of what they ride/don't ride—if the scene takes off again, then fantastic! If it doesn't go anywhere from here, it won't change my relationship with y'all. And if it takes off with a bunch of folks I don't care for, then I'm not going to get involved solely because it revolves around motorcycles/scooters.

I don't have any interest in creating a "next generation" because I don't want to see scootering die. People have always found their own way into vintage scooters, and, if they're interested in meeting likeminded local folks, they eventually find their way to wmasa. Good enough for me.

My $.02.
mille posti

12CI

Postby 12CI » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Zeets wrote: Part of the problem is that these damn kids are buying up bikes, at top dollar, and then not using them. It's the same thing with late 70's early 80's motorcycles. Plus they all think that hacking a bike together makes it more valuable, when in reality, they just fuck up old bikes, and ruin them for other riders, and then ask top dollar for them. (assholes).

two words: cafe racer
as shameless as I am tactless and guileless

fredneckscoots

Postby fredneckscoots » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:29 am

I like old junk. Old junk with wheels and a motor is even better. 9 out of 10 people involved in all this are the most exceptional slices of humanity. 1 out of 10 are the worst humans I've ever encountered (oddly the most horrible people don't even own scooters, just hang out). Other than the machines and sincere friendships, most of the rest is pure drama, punctuated by the occasional life affirming experience like corsa, ecc, nsp.

I don't really care for most ska music.

FTW
I break scooter parts

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 pm

fredneckscoots wrote:I like old junk. Old junk with wheels and a motor is even better. 9 out of 10 people involved in all this are the most exceptional slices of humanity. 1 out of 10 are the worst humans I've ever encountered (oddly the most horrible people don't even own scooters, just hang out). Other than the machines and sincere friendships, most of the rest is pure drama, punctuated by the occasional life affirming experience like corsa, ecc, nsp.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
John F.

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm

fredneckscoots wrote:
I don't really care for most ska music.

Times Jesus.
byelaya smert

tony

Postby tony » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 pm

pickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup
2011 CORSA BIke! ct90.tumblr.com

Return to “Time-Wasters”