Cocoa Beach

Organize and discuss rallies, rides, and other events
Andi

Cocoa Beach

Postby Andi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Who is going?

How are you getting there?

Is anyone hauling bikes down there for hire?

I'm really looking forward to this event, have room booked and pondering travel plans at moment. Hoping lots of you are going as well!
The wheels are in motion

Mikeh

Re: Cocoa Beach

Postby Mikeh » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm going to plan to ride there.

I suppose I'll have to put in for a week off work.. and i gotta get to building my P225 for this trek.. time to stop screwing around with my rental property and get back in the garage!

Anyone wanna plan to ride with me?

If the weather's no good up north then I may throw the scoot in the van and drive south for five hours or so.. and then park the van and take the scoot from there.

Perhaps I can convice Star to rid down with me..

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 am

I know Aaron and Adrienna are driving down, I know they're taking their van, they were possibly talking about hauling a trailer with an extra spot or two to help offset costs. Talk to them.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

Andi

Postby Andi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Ok, so I've got a spot now...being the first to ask...thanks Mark :D

I think I will fly down. I know Laura, Susan and I, and maybe some others had talked about coordinating flights so maybe we could share rides to/from the airport...it's kind of a haul! How did ppl do it last tims? are there any ariport-to-hotel shuttles?
The wheels are in motion

D-day

Postby D-day » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 am

Sam & I are heading down...room is booked. She'll be flying and I've been talking to Frank B. about driving down together in his truck with two scoots in the back.

Learn to fix your own scooter, you dork.

Alex T.
Soul Survivors SC

Susan

Postby Susan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:10 am

I'm looking for truck/trailer space to haul a bike. If I can find that, I'll probably go. If not, I'm really on the fence. Feeling flustered and too busy these days, I think that's my hesitance. Although I do have a room reserved.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

JV

Postby JV » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Well dang, this is interesting.....was not aware of the Cocoa Beach rally!!!

I'm about 5 hours south of there now and got my trusty Scarabeo with me.....sounds like a must do to me :)

fried okra

JV

Postby JV » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Is anyone going to Cocoa Beach rally still???

fried okra

Andi

Postby Andi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 am

Spoffy and I are going
The wheels are in motion

Susan

Postby Susan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm out.

Yeah, I suck.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm still toying with the idea of driving partially south, unloading and riding 600 or 900 miles to the rally. Anyone want to do this with me?

I'd want to leave from MD on tuesday evening, drive south a few hundred miles. Get some rest and then ride 300 or 400 miles a day to two or three days.

Perhaps I can park in Star's driveway or somehting. (haven't talked to her about it yet).

I beleive i'm sharing a room with Ronnie down there. Hopefully i can get a spot in a car for the trip back north and get my scoot on a trailer, as I kinda just want to ride one way (south).

I also emailed POC phil about getting a spot on his trailer for the ride back (i would pay for both ways) but he has not returned my email. has anyone had luck with the POC Phil trailer thing?

Andi

Postby Andi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 pm

I have also messaged him twice and heard nothing back. I have another option for travel if I want to put the time in--so I'm torn as to what I'm going to do right now. He did tell Spoffy that he would know by later in January if he would have enough ppl to make this worth his while. I don't want to take away from him reaching that number and ruin it for everyone, however I am getting a little nervous about not hearing back and have also been presented with another option....agh!! I don't know what to do! and should get plane tickets soon if going that route!! arrgh!
The wheels are in motion

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

I just called Phil from the phone number he posted on modern vespa.

He said he had email trouble and was gonna get back to everyone. He said that he got everyone's emails in the DC area and mine as well.

In addition to this, I offered in my previous email to host the staging location at my garage in ellicott city. Phil told me he's keen on that idea.. so it is likely to be the DC pickup/drop off spot.

So it sounds like I've got a spot on his trailer.

He also said the deposit thing is what he said for the general public that he does not know. But for people that he knows the deposit will not be required to hold your spot.

So we should be receiving confirmations soon via email.. but it sounds like it's a go.

As far as me getting my body back from florida.. does anyone have a car that I can jump in for the trip?

I am thinking that I will minivan it to around fayettevile, NC and then ride down from there. It's only 560 miles from cocoa beach. Hell I did 550 miles on the way to wkrp in one day (back in the day), but I will split it into two days of scootering with maybe an overnight in savanah, ga on thursday night.

So whom wants to ride with me?

Andi

Postby Andi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Mike, let me private message you. or call you later. I definitely know of a ride back for you...
The wheels are in motion

JV

Postby JV » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Only two more basic rate rooms still left!!!!

fried okra

Return to “Rallies, Rides & Events”