Hampdenfest 2014 toilet race, aka, Ass Gaskets Revenge.

Organize and discuss rallies, rides, and other events
Zeets

Hampdenfest 2014 toilet race, aka, Ass Gaskets Revenge.

Postby Zeets » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:14 pm

I just wanted to invite everyone to the 2014 Hampdenfest Toilet Race. Same as last year, the Ass Gaskets (myself, Matt T and a handful of eager hopefuls) will be competing against the field with a new and improved fully race prepped crapper-chopper.

It's free to get in, and you can walk around all day with a beer. We're happy to provide all supporters with free stickers, and we encourage rowdy hooliganism.

http://www.matt-toigo.com/moto/toilet_racing
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

Andi

Re: Hampdenfest 2014 toilet race, aka, Ass Gaskets Revenge.

Postby Andi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:53 am

Sorry to be missing Hampdenfest and all it's toilet bowl racing glory. Also, great friends' bands playing! but alas, Columbus rally is this weekend womp womp. Hopefully next year. have fun, take home the title! (wait, is there a title for that?)
The wheels are in motion

Susan

Postby Susan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

Yeah, so sorry I won't be able to see these Ass Gaskets in their victorious glory. I'll be at Oddscoot.

I can't believe I typed that first sentence there. I win.
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Mikeh

Postby Mikeh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 pm

So how'd it go.. I heard from Toigo that you all got 3rd place. Let's hear the story.

Zeets

Postby Zeets » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:50 pm

From what I can recall... we had a great day.

The details are just what Toigo explained, we got thrid. Our first race was against last year's champs, I was riding, we won. The second race Jens rode, we won that too. The Third race Jens rode too, we lost that one. The fourth race determined the winner, we didn't get to race that. Later I rode the racer to Rocket to Venus where they had free beer for us. I didn't need more free beer (but had some anyway), I had already drank my share at that point. Cat got mad at me for being obnoxious, and then she had to learn how to tow a trailer, since I was a bit incapacitated. I passed out during the ride home, the toilet racer lost it's seat on the ICC, but fortuneatly, it was in the trailer, so no unsuspecting motorcyclist ran it over. There's also a broken beer bottle in the bowl. I guess I'll need to clean that out. We got home around 7:00, I was passed out on the couch by 7:30, I woke up around 8:00 the next morning, but Cat was a sweetheart and had managed to get me to gorge myself on beef stew and water the previous evening and I managed not to have a hangover.

Next year we'll try again. We're thinking of fielding two or more teams for next year, so keep that in mind if you're interested.
Zayretow

70' Vespa Sprint (2009 LML power)
74' Yamaha RD350 (pinger)
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400SM (thumper)

Return to “Rallies, Rides & Events”