scooterjacking: red 2006 FLY 150

Post alerts about stolen scooters and other criminal mischief
ryandw

scooterjacking: red 2006 FLY 150

Postby ryandw » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

I was scooterjacked yesterday in capitol hill. The scooter is a bright red 2006 FLY 150. The rear wheel is painted white.

please post if you see a FLY for sale in the area.

the crime took place around 5 p.m. Sunday. My guard was down because it was light out. I wasn't looking around me as much as I would at night. Lesson learned. I was returning home and they were waiting for me. A couple guys snuck up from behind while I was parking, grabbed me and forced me down. They were teenagers, I'd say. One had a knife.
'06 FLY 150
'85 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe

jenny

Postby jenny » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:09 pm

damn. sorry to hear that, but glad you're ok. around what part of capitol hill did this happen?
gimme that step-thru, yeah, cuz i need that.

ryandw

Postby ryandw » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 pm

8th st NE, between E and F.
About 9 blocks due east of Union Station. Very nice neighborhood when you're not being robbed.
'06 FLY 150
'85 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe

epsato

Postby epsato » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:13 am

Not that nice of a neighborhood. I lived there from 2000-2001 (7th and G NE) and my 1965 Allstate was stolen TWICE in that one year period.

The first time, some hoodlums took a bolt cutters and cut right through the kryptonite lockchain thingee. Keep in mind that the scoot was locked up to the bars on my window which was directly behind an always functioning street light (possibly the only one in DC that I've never seen out).

Of course, the idiots who broke the lock couldn't figure out how to start the scooter and dumped it in the alley next to my house.

I then took the bike to a buddy's house on 11th and G, where it was kept in his locked back yard. Six months later, it was stolen from there, never to be seen again.

Bottom line that seems to be streaming from all the scooter jackings and thefts (many of which were in the adams morgan area, for example) is that there is truly no such thing as a "good neighborhood".

Sucks your scooter was jacked, and I hope you're able to get the scooter returned in the same condition it was taken.

As for the hoodlums? I hope karma shows them an ass whipping or two...

Return to “Neighborhood Watch”