Scooter stolen in Arlington

Post alerts about stolen scooters and other criminal mischief
wam

Scooter stolen in Arlington

Postby wam » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

New member, and I wish my first post could be under happier circumstances. My scooter, a 49cc Keeway "Hurricane", was stolen from my apartment complex in Arlington last week. (map)

The theft happened sometime between 3pm Thursday (the 19th) and 10:30am Friday. A guy who works at the complex saw a couple of highschool-age kids hanging around the motorcycle parking area in the afternoon, and saw the same kids riding two scooters elsewhere up the street (he was out on his bicycle when he saw them on scooters). He said he'd never seen those kids before, and figured they were out scootering with their friends or something.

I posted a description of my scooter to the neighborhood listserv, and a neighbor spotted the milk crate I had strapped to the back of my scooter on the side of the road a few blocks away (map). I picked up the milk crate on Friday evening, and a couple of other neighbors told me they'd seen two highschool-age kids with scooters hanging around that corner on Thursday afternoon, and then speeding around the neighborhood "giving rides" to other kids.

In both cases the drivers were described as two black teenagers, one guy on a red scooter and one guy on a black scooter. The number of riders accompanying them is unknown. Someone also said the drivers had helmets on when they were racing around the neighborhood. My helmet was not with my bike when it was stolen, I still have it.

Another scooter was stolen from the same parking area at the same time, a red Kymco. Maybe they came with two scooters and left with four?

My scooter is bright orange and black, it's this exact model:

No plates or other unique stickers.

If anyone happens to see it on the streets, please let me know. I'm hoping it will turn up somewhere. Though fairly new, it was running pretty poorly the week before the theft, so maybe the thieves will develop a love-hate relationship with it, leading to disappointment and abandonment. I've scoured the neighborhood and haven't found it dumped anywhere, though.

The Kymco is listed in the Arlington crime report for the 20th. Mine is listed on the 23rd.
Last edited by wam on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beth

Postby beth » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Sorry about your bike... now excuse me while I go lock my bitches up.
Galaxy Slut

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks!

spoffy

Postby spoffy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 pm

People can be really crummy, hope you get your ride back!
mille posti

Return to “Neighborhood Watch”