Fettahaha

Red VESP 2009 GTS 250

Postby Fettahaha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:39 am

Red VESP 2009 GTS 250

White primer on right side.

STOLEN JAN 12, 2009

Beutiful Historic Anacostia
FETTAHAHA
It's almost like funny--but tasty--cheese!

Spiny Norman

Postby Spiny Norman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 am

Man that sucks! I will be looking. Be sure to post on Craigslist and dcscoots as well. Good luck...
"In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit."

http://pocketofsilence.blogspot.com/

Fettahaha

Postby Fettahaha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:20 am

thanks...

A little sick at the moment.
FETTAHAHA

Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:39 am

Totally sucks!! They won't get too far with the anti-theft. Hopefully it will turn up.
~Jennifer

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:45 am

Damn, that blows...........how was it parked? On the street? Any chains? Just asking.
John F.

Fettahaha

Postby Fettahaha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:25 am

Well... if you can find any irony in the sad tale--
It was parked on the street--Normally it is parked on the sidewalk and chained to a telephone pole--but yesterday I had a tow truck coming to pick up my car (and take it to Goodwill). I parked the scoot in the spot infront of the car to eat up the spot so the tow truck had room to acess the car.

When the tow truck arrived rather than chaining her up I just moved her enough out of the way to give the truck access--locking her up slipped my mind--I took the pup for a walk around 6 and noticed she needed to be locked up--and should have right then and there--but no I got caught up in something else and remembered at 10 that I would like to have a scooter in the morning and I should lock her up--grabed the keys to lock her up and--well the rest is just a nightmare.

So to recap--this time yesterday I had not one but two operational vehicles-- roughly 5 hours after I sighn over the pink slip to one the other gets stolen. I am now wondering if I would qualify for assistance from Goodwill.

I don't want to gointo the insurance nightmare--
right now my only hope is the police recovering it--and that is not much hope--but there is some.
FETTAHAHA

Bobo

Postby Bobo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 am

Sorry, that really sucks. Prepare for reality: you will recover it, not necessarily right away, but it won't be in good shape. Hope it takes more than 30 days so it will be the insurance company's problem.
Bobo

Coast2CoastX2 2006 blog: bobovespa.blogspot.com
yes I'm on Facebook

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Without going into details that give anything away:

I thought these things couldn't run without the key - meaning stealing it is useless?

Sure you can break the lock and push it away (or throw it in a truck) but it's my understanding it won't ever, ever start.

Yes? No?

P.S. Sorry, that sucks.
byelaya smert

kev187

Postby kev187 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:48 am

Fettahaha wrote:Well... if you can find any irony in the sad tale--
It was parked on the street--Normally it is parked on the sidewalk and chained to a telephone pole--but yesterday I had a tow truck coming to pick up my car (and take it to Goodwill). I parked the scoot in the spot infront of the car to eat up the spot so the tow truck had room to acess the car.

When the tow truck arrived rather than chaining her up I just moved her enough out of the way to give the truck access--locking her up slipped my mind--I took the pup for a walk around 6 and noticed she needed to be locked up--and should have right then and there--but no I got caught up in something else and remembered at 10 that I would like to have a scooter in the morning and I should lock her up--grabed the keys to lock her up and--well the rest is just a nightmare.

So to recap--this time yesterday I had not one but two operational vehicles-- roughly 5 hours after I sighn over the pink slip to one the other gets stolen. I am now wondering if I would qualify for assistance from Goodwill.

I don't want to gointo the insurance nightmare--
right now my only hope is the police recovering it--and that is not much hope--but there is some.

INSURANCE NIGHTMARE? HELL THAT'S WHAT YOU PAY THE PREMIUMS FOR. Call your insurance asap, it is to your Benefit, man that's a $6000 bike, that's why you insure it? I have used my insurance often for all sorts of little things. They have never raised my rates or dropped me. That's why I pay them. Its in your best interest to call them now.

12CI

Postby 12CI » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:13 pm

ouch.

yes, file the claim ASAP.

post everywhere, preferreably with pics
http://scoot.net/stolen/

same bike that just took the spill?

Fettahaha

Postby Fettahaha » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:14 am

Same Bike that just took a spill...

but it has been recovered.... left in a ditch next to the highway....
a relief none the less.

Less than a mile from where it was stolen actually...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 855&ref=nf
FETTAHAHA

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:18 am

Fettahaha wrote:Same Bike that just took a spill...

but it has been recovered.... left in a ditch next to the highway....
a relief none the less.

Less than a mile from where it was stolen actually...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 ... 855&ref=nf

Link isn't working. Glad you got it.

This is actually common.......when a bike gets stolen it's worth it to start walking around within at least two miles, and it's usually dumped.
John F.

Susan

Postby Susan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:36 am

Glad you got it back.

Was there any further damage? Does it start and run?
it's a fez
I wear a fez now
fezzes are cool

Fettahaha

Postby Fettahaha » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:04 am

The glove box seems busted-- won't open normal -- I should say won't close normal...seems like it might have gotten busted from them trying to pry it open. More scratches to match the scratches from the spill she took last week (on the same side). Kinda surprised there is no seat damage or anything.

Seems to run fine... but I am keeping an eye on it.
FETTAHAHA

starreem

Postby starreem » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Good you got your scooter back. If it was on it's left side, you might want to remove the air filter cover and clean the filter, and let those bubbles off to drain too. Worse case you might have the EVAP system canister filled with fuel, it needs to dry out also. Might be rough running or starting till that dries out. Lots of folks just dis-able that system anyway.

Return to “Neighborhood Watch”