And yet another stolen scoot

Post alerts about stolen scooters and other criminal mischief
spoffy

Postby spoffy » Tue May 26, 2009 12:26 pm

or a truck battery to power your on-scooter stereo.
mille posti

epsato

Postby epsato » Tue May 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Yes, exactly. More power+ more space = more tunes.

So what alley am I seeking?

Q

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 pm

I say we start locking up donor scooters with a flimsy lock and then I'll sit 1 mile away on a rooftop with a .50 cal sniper rifle and blow up heads like exploding watermelons.
byelaya smert

imjuanpablo

Postby imjuanpablo » Tue May 26, 2009 12:44 pm

AirborneVespa wrote:I say we start locking up donor scooters with a flimsy lock and then I'll sit 1 mile away on a rooftop with a .50 cal sniper rifle and blow up heads like exploding watermelons.

isn't that illegal? wouldn't you be considered a TERRORIST?!?!??!??
John F.

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm

imjuanpablo wrote:isn't that illegal? wouldn't you be considered a TERRORIST?!?!??!??

More like an enforcer.

It isn't terrorizing anyone who isn't trying to steal something that isn't theirs and even then it's not terrorizing them as one second they'd be alive and the next their head would vaporize.
Last edited by AirborneVespa on Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byelaya smert

epsato

Postby epsato » Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm

That's cool, but just wait until after I've cannibalized the Bajaj...

sadsack

Postby sadsack » Tue May 26, 2009 1:21 pm

don't you need a key to start a bajaj? how do joyriding kids know how to start these bikes????

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Tue May 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Hot wiring a scooter is easy.
byelaya smert

doc

Postby doc » Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 pm

tony wrote:I saw this one again in another alley last night.

Tony, you didn't say it was in MY alley!!! I just found the damn thing in my alley!!! I can't believe the guy dumped it next to my place! That's what I get for trying to help the guy out I guess...Anyway, if someone wants a free Bajaj for parts come get it. It's in the alley between W and Florida, NW, halfway between 11th and 12th Streets...
Pat

epsato

Postby epsato » Thu May 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Doc, is it still there? I'm feeling very Cannibalistic about now...

doc

Postby doc » Thu May 28, 2009 4:23 pm

epsato wrote:Doc, is it still there? I'm feeling very Cannibalistic about now...

Yes, I just passed it 5 minutes ago....
Pat

sadsack

Postby sadsack » Thu May 28, 2009 5:50 pm

perhaps he was blinded by his sorrow, and didn't realize that dumping it next to its rescuers house was rather rude...

doc

Postby doc » Thu May 28, 2009 7:40 pm

epsato wrote:Doc, is it still there? I'm feeling very Cannibalistic about now...

Damn you are one fast Puerto Rican! I just saw your "leftovers."
Pat

AirborneVespa

Postby AirborneVespa » Thu May 28, 2009 8:26 pm

The fork is worth money if not bent and so is the motor - they're almost impossible to destroy.
byelaya smert

epsato

Postby epsato » Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I didn't have the heart to take anything other than the glovebox and the battery (stuff I figured I could pay for if the owner gets uppity), but did remove a bunch of parts for the next cannibal.

The engine seemed in good shape, and the wheel rims were looking good. I was able to get the spare off, but the front wheel didn't want to give. My tools were limited to what was on hand, otherwise that beach would have been taken completely apart. Lots of decent spares are still there and I've long wanted to have a bare frame for a paperweight...

The glovebox was in decent enough shape, though it has a big dent that needs wacking out (anyone know how to do that?). That door begs for big speakers and I plan to chrome it up before putting it on the PX!

Still there for the taking (and in good shape) are the seat and the wheels. The spare's free and just sitting there (as is the seat which I removed), and I don't think it'll take much to remove the front wheel as the main bolts have been removed. You'd just have to take them. Tires seemed to have lots of tread and looked good. Any Corsa folks in need of rims or 10" wheels can get a free hook up there.

One cowl is left (engine side-okay condition) and the engine's complete- looks good. Those 4 strokes have a funky looking carb, so I didn't touch any of that stuff.

No one seems to go down that alley.

The gas tank was empty, which leads me to believe the reason it got abandoned was because the engine stalled when the gas ran out. Hence, it should still run with some gas and a new battery (ahem). If anyone needs a replacement 4 stroke 150 CC engine or wants a free spare engine, your ship has come in.

Finally, if the owner's reading this and you want your parts back, take your scooter home by COB Friday because that scoot's in better shape than you think it is. Someone's going to claim "finder's keepers" and will continue to strip that beach like a $2 hooker.

Return to “Neighborhood Watch”